Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I hear they call it Gourmet

Lately husband and I got into trying new breads and cheeses. It all went ok until husband brought home olive bread and herb de provence munstarella cheese (what the heck is munstarella? Is it muenster cheese mixed with mozzarella? Can they do that or is it breaking some cheesy code of ethics?).
The only word I can think of to describe the smell and taste of olive bread is FUNKY. I found that the taste improved if I held my breath before taking a bite. Now the cheese.....
Have you ever contemplated what that piece of unidentified food left in the fridge for months might taste like? Well, kinda like that with an aftertaste of rosemary (no I don't taste unidentified spoilage from our fridge, I just have a good imagination). Now slapped on top of the olive bread...gulp, I believe this is what they call gourmet. Water please?

No comments: